Part of the series - Wild food in Covid times
Join me for a short walk around the edges of the garden to find some wild salad greens and flowers, the ingredients for a liqueur, frogspawn, flowers for pickling and syrup making, nut-free under ground nuts, as well as pine pollen halva marzipan, and how not to collect gorse flowers!
Enjoyed this video? - Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
- 0:00 Intro.
- 2:30 Hairy bittercress
- 7:33 Forget-me-not flowers
- 9:00 Beech leaves for salad and liqueur making.
- 18:00 Collecting pine pollen 24:00 Making pine pollen halva ‘mazipan’.
- 26:46 Collecting pignuts
- 38:25 Birch leaves
- 39:38 Dandelion flowers
- 40:04 Hawthorn leaves
- 40:55 Sheep’s sorrel and common sorrel
- 42:22 Frogspawn!
- 46:41 How to avoid miss-identification (Rannunculus flammula)
- 51:48 Common daisy 52:33 Gorse flowers
- 54:45 Pickling Darwin’s Barberry Flowers.
- 1:00:38 Lime leaf
- 1:02:10 Dandelion leaf
- 1:02:33 Dwarf quince flowers
- 1:03:16 Making Darwin’s barberry flower syrup
- 1:9:00 Pignut milk!