PatientPlus articles are written for doctors and so the language can be technical. However, some people find that they add depth to the articles found in the other sections of this website which are written for non-medical people.
There is no difference between mushrooms and toadstools although, by common usage the latter term has gradually become applied to toxic types. They are all agarics (i.e. fungi with gills beneath the cap).1
Mushrooms found in gardens or on lawns are highly unlikely to be seriously toxic but may cause gastrointestinal upsets or be hallucinogenic.